Friday, March 6, 2009

Do Unto Others and Run Like a Mother

I think I was a little to harsh on my last posting. I will try to be a bit gentler. Unfortunately, music is a big part of me.
Well it's Friday and I am currently at work on a lunch break. It is supposedly nice outside, but I do not know as I have been here since noon and it was cloudy then.
Have you ever noticed someone and thought they look like somebody else, but can't think of who it is. I have that problem all the time. Most people probably think I am staring at them because of some weird attraction, but actually I am in deep thought.
For example, my daughter has a doll that looks like her.





However, every time I look at young Violet, she reminds me of my friend Jennifer. Which creeps me out. Kind of like the doll on Seinfeld that George's finance, Susan, had that looked like George's mom.
Not that Jennifer is like George's mom, but you get the idea. It is a weird feeling, like the actual person is there and they want to talk to you. Thankfully, I have made a personality for Violet and that has helped. Possible counseling will follow.

Also, I am trying to determine if I want to buy a bass guitar, 12 string guitar, harmonica, drum machine, or a combination of the mentioned items. Somehow, I have the urge to try to make music. However, I cannot sing very well and I can't dance, but song structure is very easy to figure out. Now I am not talking like Mozart and that kind of jazz, but most rock, pop, country, dance, and disco, are easy to know when various things happen.

So if you read this, let me know what you think. Maybe I will learn how to upload my 2nd recorded song ever. The first is called "Rainbow". You will never hear that song as it is on cassette tape somewhere and I don't know where it is. However, I now know how to record on my computer. So watch out Michael Jackson (a plug for Mike Dishmon's favourite singer).

They are playing a remake of a Morrisey song, "That's Entertainment" on WFPK. I hope to find out who it is. The have made some new lyrics and it is peppier sounding. Not like Moz at all.

I have to go back to work.

See you on the flip side!


No comments: